COVID Travel Info ~ Keeping our Customers Safe
We’re excited to be welcoming guests back on board Spirit of Freedom! To ensure our customers and staff are protected from COVID-19, we have implemented the following procedures and policies:
Proof of Vaccination
By order of the Queensland State Government, from 17 December you must be fully vaccinated in order to travel on board Spirit of Freedom. Passengers who are unable to provide proof of vaccination upon check-in are not eligible for a refund. A person is considered fully vaccinated when they have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine recognised by the Therapeutic Good Administration (TGA).
This applies to all passengers aged 16 years and over, both residents and visitors. All our staff are also fully vaccinated.
When you check in for your trip you will need to show proof that you are fully vaccinated by using the Check in QLD app (from 19 November), the Medicare app or other official certification. Please refer to the Queensland Health website for more information.
Thank you for your assistance in keeping our tours safe for other passengers, our staff and all Queenslanders.
Upon check-in, all passengers are required to sign in using the Check-in QLD contract tracing app. This is free to download and easy to use – simply open the app and scan our QR code poster.
QLD State Testing Requirements
All passengers must comply with Queensland State Government entry requirements. Travelling to Queensland.
Onboard Hygiene Precautions
- Passengers will be allocated dive gear that they retain the entire trip
- Cleaning procedures are in place as per PADI and Queensland Health guidance
General Vessel Hygiene
We are following the procedures outlined by the Australian Department of Health’s Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Principles for COVID-19, including:
- Frequent touchpoints like handrails, countertops and tables are cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day
- Hand sanitising and wash stations are available throughout the vessel, particularly at communal entrances/exits
- Masks are provided for all passengers who become unwell, or for any guest or crew who choose to wear them in communal spaces
- Towels are not provided on our dive deck. We ask that guests bring their own chamois/quick-dry sports towels for use on the dive deck.
- All staff are trained on our Covid Safe Plan
- Chef and crew are certified in safe food handling and Covid Safe dining practices
If you have any queries or concerns, please feel free to get in touch with our reservations team.