COVID-19 Travel Information
We’re excited to be welcoming guests back on board Spirit of Freedom! To ensure our customers and staff are protected from COVID-19, we have implemented the following procedures and policies:
Onboard Hygiene Precautions
- Passengers will be allocated dive gear that they retain for the entire trip.
- Cleaning procedures are in place as per PADI and Queensland Health guidance.
General Vessel Hygiene
We are following the procedures outlined by the Australian Department of Health’s Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Principles for COVID-19, including:
- Frequent touchpoints like handrails, countertops, and tables are cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitising and wash stations are available throughout the vessel, particularly at communal entrances/exits.
- Masks are provided for all passengers who become unwell, or for any guest or crew who choose to wear them in communal spaces.
- Towels are not provided on our dive deck. We ask that guests bring their own chamois/quick-dry sports towels for use on the dive deck.
- All staff are trained on our COVID-19 Safe plan.
- Chef and crew are certified in safe food handling and COVID-19 Safe dining practices.